The spring onions, the coriander, the lime, the chipotle salt. All add interest here, but the butter brings it all together – don’t hold back.
- 3 corn cobs, husks and silk removed, cut into 3 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150 gm butter, diced and softened
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 2 spring onions, green parts thinly sliced, white parts reserved for another use
- Lime wedges (optional), to serve
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp chipotle powder (see note)
- 1Preheat barbecue to high. Place corn in a roasting pan, toss with oil to coat, then place pan in barbecue and roast corn, covered and turning occasionally, until tender and starting to char (10-14 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, for chipotle salt, stir ingredients in a bowl to combine.
- 3Transfer hot corn to a serving bowl, add butter, coriander and spring onion and toss until butter melts and coats corn. Season with chipotle salt to taste and serve with lime.